Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Does this sound like IBS? waring TMI

(5 Posts)
Marne Thu 09-Oct-08 16:56:06

Not sure if its worth going to the GP but this problem is realy getting me down.

One day im realy costipated and the next im running to the loo and realy gassy (sorry if TMI), i get bad stomach cramps and feel real lathargic (on and off).

At the moment a have a virus (flu symptoms) so the symptoms seem worse.

I have to be realy careful what i eat as some things just don't agree with me, other things bung me up.

Does this sound like IBS?

Im a bit warry of goung to the gp incase they want to do any tests (involving putting a camera up there). Should i go and talk to my gp?

Marne Thu 09-Oct-08 17:05:32

bump

BCNS Thu 09-Oct-08 17:11:38

I would go to your GP.

There are different things they can test for to rule out anything else. and symptoms can be different for every person with it.

IBS is horrid tho.. the camera "up there" isn't as bad as it sounds.

There are things that can help with IBS and getting to know your body.. which foods upset you and how stress level come into it really help as well.

Marne Thu 09-Oct-08 17:16:19

Thanks BCNS, gluten seems to upset me (if i have too much) as does cheese. Also very stressed at the momment which probably isn't helping.

I think i will try and see my gp tommorrow.

BCNS Thu 09-Oct-08 17:46:21

That's okay.. I believe you can get buscopan over the counter which will help a bit with spasms if your getting them... might be worth knowing if you have to wait for an appointment.

Oh and don't be shocked if your losing weight either.. I have a real issue on a flare up to maintain weight!

good luck and deffo go see the GP ( mine was brilliant)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: