Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Gp in Glasgow

(7 Posts)
kateywills Wed 08-Oct-08 22:43:44

hello
am new to the site, hope it's okay to ask for some help so soon. I am shortly moving to Glasgow, west end. My children keep well but I've had recurrent mental health problems over the years. I am nervous about finding a new GP. My old doctor has looked after me well but it took a long time to find someone I was comfortable with, partly because I wasn't that well to start with. I don't mind a man or a woman dr, and if anyone could steer me in a good direction to someone they would recommend, I'd be really grateful. thanks. kate.

ScottishMummy Wed 08-Oct-08 22:53:31

i can recommend this practice in hyndland

kateywills Thu 09-Oct-08 20:23:39

thankyou - much appreciated. any dr in particular?

ScottishMummy Fri 10-Oct-08 12:28:36

hi i was with dr Cuddihy. but also have team approach so you will be given appt with whomever avail unles you make a specific named request (which may incurr a wait)

i love west end glasgow G12 byres road etc.hope you settle in well

PersephoneSnape Fri 10-Oct-08 13:11:36

I used to go to northcote surgery in victoria circus (?) they're very nice as well, heath visitors etc all very good. Doctor Dawes is fab very kind and patient,

good luck with your move

kateywills Fri 10-Oct-08 23:03:26

brilliant, much appreciated - am looking forward to Byres Road too. Thank you - that info really takes a lot of the stress away, thankyou.

sleepylady Mon 13-Oct-08 14:51:51

I was with Dr Cuddihy in the West End as well and found him to be generally helpful and approachable. Nice location across from the botanic gardens too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now