Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ds 2 has broken pencil lead in his ear - Casualty or GP?

(8 Posts)
lilibet Thu 03-Mar-05 15:07:12

He casually informed me yesterday that this has been there since before Christmas - so there is no real rush with this one! If you look in with a torch you can just see it. I was going to take him to casualty byt dp thinks that the GP is the best bet.

Which would you go to?

Toothache Thu 03-Mar-05 15:09:24

I stuck a tiktak up my nose when I was 4. Mum and Dad rushed me to A&E.... slight over reaction as they just left it in there and let it dissiolve over a few days!! My breath smelled minty for a week.

GP definitely best, but if your GP's is anything like mine you may have to a 2 or 3 weeks! A&E if you want this over with quickly.

nnosam Thu 03-Mar-05 15:09:34

phone the nhs direct on 0845-46-47, see what they say. if it was me i would do gp frist if it had been there that long..
good luck.

RTKangaMummy Thu 03-Mar-05 15:13:04

I don't know

do you mean in ear canal?

or the lobe?

Perhaps nurse could syringe out like wax?

How old is DS2?

When I was 10 or 11 years a boy jabbed a pencil into the palm of my hand and left some "lead" in there

And 28 years later it is still there just under the skin, it hasn't moved

And it hasn't really affected me IYSWIM

lilibet Thu 03-Mar-05 15:15:10

ear canal

He's 8 and it happened at school - asked why he hadn't told anyone and he said "I did - I old everyone, well, everyone on my table"

Hadn't thought to tell an adult!

RTKangaMummy Thu 03-Mar-05 15:16:53

Well that is 8 yr old logic isn't it

perhaps the GP then

he could always send you up there afterwards.

hamster Thu 03-Mar-05 15:20:57

sounds typical of an 8yr old, Curious!prob get sent to hosp anyway, they're more used to "removing things", I'd go there.

cazzybabs Thu 03-Mar-05 15:30:57

Ring your gp and ask what they suggest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now