Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

periods lighter after pregnancy?

(8 Posts)
2manychips Wed 08-Oct-08 16:33:47

is this the norm? b4 dd (18mths) it was 5-6 days,4-5 super tampons. Now its 3ish days,2-3 light tampons sometimes just panty liners...

mrsbabookaloo Wed 08-Oct-08 16:36:48

I think things just change after all the upheaval. Mine were much heavier.

BloodshotEyeballsintheScarySky Wed 08-Oct-08 16:38:05

Seems to be for me, a couple of mega ones for the first couple and then barely there. I don't like it. I'm used to it being fairly predictable and now I don't know whether it's been or not!

CaptainKarvol Wed 08-Oct-08 16:41:24

It's how it worked for me. Before DS, 8 days, super+ tampons for 3-4 days or mooncup emptied every couple of hours. Pain that could make me throw up. After DS, 5 days, no pain, only about 12 hours of heavy bleeding. Hope the effect doesn't reverse after this one is born.

Tyme Wed 08-Oct-08 17:34:18

Mine were heavier with ds1 but are lighter now after ds2. I'm still bfing and am so hoping they're not light due to that and will get heavy again once I've finished.
[keeps fingers crossed]

maviscrewit Wed 08-Oct-08 21:23:36

Mine are much lighter and less painful after two lo's (3.5 and 2 years) Very pleased about it tbh, I used to be pretty much out of action for 3 days a month, now I forget I'm having a period!!

electra Wed 08-Oct-08 21:24:36

Mine were lighter and I never needed painkillers (pg again now)

minorbirdOnElmstreet Wed 08-Oct-08 21:25:16

Yes mine are lighter and pain free, although i do take Evening Primrose and notice they get a bit heavier if I miss them but nothing like they used to be. Hurrah! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now