Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

My back is very 'odd' after epidural :(

(3 Posts)
LadyOfWaffle Tue 07-Oct-08 13:30:32

It's a cross between someone poking me with a cattle prong and cold water running down my back (doesn't actually feel like that but makes you shudder/jump forward like that). I thought it would have calmed down by now (6 weeks) but even last night I was wakened by a feeling lik someone giving me an electric shock. Is that normal? Will it calm down? I didn't have an epidural as such, they had about 6 attemps and I only had one slightly numb thigh.

misi Tue 07-Oct-08 14:01:54

this is not my area of expertise or knowlege really but I would have thought by now the area to have calmed down. sounds like they couldn't get the needle into the vertabrae gaps, personally I would go back to the GP or call the hospital to ask to be checked over to be on the safe side. it is probably nothing but my philosphy is play it safe with your health and it can't hurt to get it checked out

LadyOfWaffle Tue 07-Oct-08 18:42:54

I have my 6 wk check tomorrow, I will ask then. I had a normal sore back after the last one, but this is really weird. Thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: