Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How soon for recovery after a kidney infection?

(4 Posts)
TheProvincialLady Tue 07-Oct-08 11:20:29

I am 29 weeks pregnant and have been on antibiotics for a kidney infection for 6 days now, though I had the infection for a few days before I started the course. I finish it tomorrow and don't feel ill any more except for NO appetite (most unlike megrin) - I mean I am literally eating half a weetabix, a banana and a piece of toast a day if I am lucky. I am so, so exhausted even though my family have been looking after DS almost the whole time. Is this normal? How long til I start feeling almost human again? I have MIL with me until Thursday and then will have sole charge of DS 8-6 again as usual, and at the moment the idea fills me with dread.

Any experiences?

CountessDracula Tue 07-Oct-08 11:22:43

I have recurrent kidney infections adn it usually takes at least 4 or 5 days once I have started antibs to feel better. The main symptom I get is severe exhaustion.

If it has been a week I would get back to the doc as you may need a diff antib.

If it is any help to know, once I start to feel better I am fine very quickly.
Hope you feel better soon

TheProvincialLady Tue 07-Oct-08 11:29:38

Oh you poor thing, this is the only kidney infection I have ever had and it is awful. Why do you keep getting them?

I think you are right and I should see the GP. Maybe he can prescribe something that is even fouler tasting than the antibiotics I am on at the moment. I just want to feel halfway normal again.

CountessDracula Tue 07-Oct-08 11:31:27

I have a damaged kidney due to reflux.
I am pretty much ok now but am on prophelactic antibs all the time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now