Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

3 stones over weight, 10 weeks postnatal, help advice

(7 Posts)
mama2leah Tue 07-Oct-08 11:10:21

i need to lose weight, i am 3 stones over my pre pregnancy, im fully breastfeeding, but i seem to have put on weight not lost it!!!!

its gettign em down, what can i do?
i want to invest in exercise bike or treadmil, which is better?

freshprincess Tue 07-Oct-08 13:31:07

I wouldn't waste money on either. Get your trainers on and get pushing the pram round the park. Walk as fast as you can for at least 20 - 30 mins every other day, more if you can manage it.

And stop stressing, its only z list slebs that have to be a size zero five mins after they pop the LO out. Normal people take longer.

Its an old cliche but it takes 9 months to put the weight on and 9 months to take it off!

TheProvincialLady Tue 07-Oct-08 13:32:47

I agree, get pushing that pram (or walking with a sling) - the fresh air and erm, sunshine will do you and LO good. How is your diet?

mama2leah Tue 07-Oct-08 13:45:45

i cnt go out much, my area is very racist, il prob get tings thrown at me... unless dh with me.

doesnt help my sis in law gone to a size 6 within 4 months after birth.

TheProvincialLady Tue 07-Oct-08 13:50:22

Really? That is horrible. Don't worry about your SIL though, it doesn't matter what size she is - you need to be a healthy size for you. You could try DVDs - it's a lot cheaper than expensive and massive gym equipment you might only use a few times. There are some good postnatal ones.

mama2leah Tue 07-Oct-08 14:00:34

any recommandations?

lotuseener Tue 07-Oct-08 14:35:53

Mama2Leah, that is horrible about where you living in too racist of an area to walk your baby.I wished you lived near me and we could be weight loss partners!

I know there are lots of great workout dvd's out there, but I can't think of any of them off the top of my head.

I did do a Pilates For Dummies for a while which help me feel strong and flexible again.

The only weight loss programme that has truly worked for me has been Weight Watchers I lost 3 stone in 5 months. I still have some weight to lose and have just started going back to Weight Watchers after a 6 month , um, holiday.

WW takes bf'ing mums into account and adds extra points for food into your daily point allowance.

Please don't compare yourself to other woman who have lost their baby weight quickly, you'll just end up making yourself feel horrible.

I felt disgusted with myself 6 months after giving birth when I visited my cousin who had her baby 3 weeks after mine.I was(am) still pretty chunky and she was about a size 6. Turns out cocaine was the reason behind her shifting her baby weight so quick.

Of course, I am not saying that about your sil, I'm just saying that it's not worth beating yourself up about not slimming down as quick as your sil.

Good luck and try to do nice things for yourself if you can while you are working on losing weight. I bought a little something nice for myself every time I lost 10 pounds.

I didn't spend much on myself, but it was nice to have a little material reward.

Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now