Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I have managed to convince myself that I have a brain tumour.....

(18 Posts)
KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Mon 06-Oct-08 22:59:31

because one of my eyes is now smaller than the other and twitchy.

I am in denial and haven't seen doctor as I know tomorrow it will be gone.

One of these tomorrows.

I know i am being ridiculous.

but part of me doesn't know this.

what can make one eye go smaller?

NotQuiteCockney Tue 07-Oct-08 07:52:37

Your eyeball can't be smaller, I don't think. Your eyelid is drooping maybe? Sounds like a muscle spasm, are you tired/stressed?

Onlyjoking Tue 07-Oct-08 07:58:50

i think you maybe have a nerve thing going on.

ghosty Tue 07-Oct-08 08:18:52

Go to the doctor if you are worried, doesn't matter if it is gone tomorrow. Don't work yourself up with unnecessary self diagnoses - that is such a waste of time.
<<hug to OJ>>

PsychoAxeMurdererMum Tue 07-Oct-08 08:22:10

I get a twichy eye every so often. It stays twitchy for about 2wks, and then goes.

tis stress and tiredness in my case, as I think most likely it is for you too......but you must go to the docs if you are truly worried.

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Tue 07-Oct-08 08:25:54

thanks guys. I know I sounded like a lunatic. But I noticed it in a picture a couple of days ago and it's been freaking me out. so eyelid then?

I hate going to dr.

ghosty Tue 07-Oct-08 08:26:04

If I am very tired and sleep deprived I get a twitchy eye. It looks like I am winking at people. It used to happen regularly at report writing time when I was teaching and usually happens these days if I am under a lot of stress (last time was when we moved house). You can also get eye infections that make your lids swell up a bit ... looking like you may be getting a stye but no lump actually appears. When my husband gets tired and run down his eye does this.
Are you tired and run down?

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Tue 07-Oct-08 08:26:37

so eyeballs can't be different sizes? I probably would have noticed well before now wouldn't I have? silly moo that I am.

chapeloffearstickchick Tue 07-Oct-08 08:27:28

I too suffer like this and I too rarely go to the doctor - so am convinced that one day i will be discovered dead from some dreadful thing and everyone will wish they hadnt said it was something easily explanable.

I think honestly speaking perhaps youve been rubbing your eye and its puffy and twitchy cos your tired and stressed....and i do agree that you should go to the doc if you are worrried BUT i know i never do so perhaps you should say to yourself if its not gone by friday i will go and ask someone you dont know so well do they think your eye looks smaller.

As an added thing maybe you need an eye test?

Im not being nosey but my worries stem back to my mums death when i was 11 perhaps you have other such worry?

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Tue 07-Oct-08 08:27:47

yes tired and run down. Also laryingitis thing from ds2 but eye was doing this before that.

PsychoAxeMurdererMum Tue 07-Oct-08 08:28:00

mine is always my right eye, and tis my top eyelid.....I I (like ghosty), also look as tho I am rapidly winking at people!

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Tue 07-Oct-08 08:34:50

I know I sound like an idiot and I apologize to oj and anyone else but I was in a bit of a panic last night as it was very noticeable and I couldn't just shrug it off anymore.

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Tue 07-Oct-08 08:36:04

chapel I am constantly stressed about a lot of things - kids have health problems, single mum, etc. but this is a relatively new thing.

Onlyjoking Tue 07-Oct-08 10:17:19

you don't need to apologize to me. if it is causing you worry then get it checked out.
i know a bit about brain tumours wink
steve didn't have differing size eyes or twicthy or itching.

PsychoAxeMurdererMum Tue 07-Oct-08 10:31:37

just to say kerry..............we are all used to you sounding like a lunatic!!!

winkgrin

Winetimeisfinetime Tue 07-Oct-08 10:32:53

Try taking a potassium and magnesium supplement for the eye twitch - I found out about this on an internet search in a quest to stop the incessant twitching of my left eyelid and it worked for me. If you Google 'potassium and magesium supplements and eye twitching' you will find there is loads of info.

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Tue 07-Oct-08 10:39:07

well, that is true psycho grin

I think it might be an infection actually. eye rather swollen today now and very twitchy. sigh. might have to go to gp.

thanks wine!

thanks oj smile

PsychoAxeMurdererMum Tue 07-Oct-08 10:45:50

if you really don;t like going to the docs, then either the pharmasist or optomotrist could help???

<<sorry for the spellingsblush>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now