Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

The "curse" !!!

(4 Posts)
MissMoopy Mon 06-Oct-08 12:18:53

Hell all, Its only since i had dd 4 years ago that I have understood why periods are called the curse! I seem to be getting a new symptom every month.
My PMT starts pretty much when i ovulate and lasts until I start bleeding. The bleeding is heavier every month and quite painful. I also have a flare up in my IBS, suffer real anxiety and generally feel rubbish. This month, due today, I have been weeing every hour and saw emergency doc on Saturday as thought I had UTI. I don't and he said its common around time of period. I am starting to panic that there is something really wrong with me - I am a bit of a hypocondriac at the best of times but am worried about ovarain cancer or something like that. Have made doctors appointment as really getting me down now. Does anyone else suffer so much???

KomodoGhee Mon 06-Oct-08 12:27:24

sorry, i don't really have an advice but didn't want your message to go unanswered.

you are doing the right thing in going to see you doctor about this, even if it is only to put your mind at rest.

it sounds really awful for you. hope you feel better soon.

SmallShips Mon 06-Oct-08 13:47:58

Since having my DC my periods have become awful too. I used to have no symptoms, now i have them all, starting, like you, from ovulation. Tis a nightmare. No advice though im afraid, i've just got used to it TBH.

PrettyCandles Mon 06-Oct-08 13:58:45

I have a fibroid that was only discovered when it grew very large during my first pregnancy. Between 1st and 2nd pgs it caused me to have very heavy periods. After 2nd pg it shrank, and my periods became more 'normal'. I wonder whether you may have something similar? Good that you've made an appt. Try not to worry, shift the burden onto the dr's shoulders for a little while, until you have some more information.

Before having children I had pretty raging PMT, and found Vit B6 very helpful. I would take it in very large doses from about 10days/1week before my period was due. It amde a real difference to my mood.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now