Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

ok...so how long does it take for objects to pass through....?

(6 Posts)
sammysam Mon 06-Oct-08 08:55:57

I'm such an awful mummy-dd found a 1p coin on the floor-put it in her mouth, I tried to get it out she clamped her mouth shut and GULP swallowed it!!!!! After I calmed down I thought that if she swallowed it with ease it would come out with ease..that and it's not sharp. blush
I am worrying again now though as this was about 11 days ago shock DD is 2.2. I suppose it could have been undetected in a poo but i'm sure i'd have noticed it? She has been poo-ing as normal so i wasn't worried but 11 days is a long time.
What should i do and look out for?
God i feel worse seeing it written down sad

loopylou6 Mon 06-Oct-08 09:09:52

it should of made its way out by now, id hazzard a guess at saying she is fine as she is still pooing normally, but if you are concerned you could always as your healh visitor? i kinow you probably wont want to as you will feel bad saying it, but they hear this stuff all the time. (you're not abad parent by the way wink)

PsychoAxeMurdererMum Mon 06-Oct-08 09:26:09

a few months back my DS2 swollowed a glass pebble (the decorative type)...he was then 5.

we took him to A&E has he was complaining of still being able to feel it, but it was in his tummy and as it was smooth they said not to panic, it would come out, within about 3days.

it in fact took 6days (I was in a minor panic I have to sayblush), and it was very very obvious as it shot out and clanked in the toilet, but it was slightly bigger than a 1p so more noticable.

I would think in all honesty it will be out by now. If she is eating and pooing all as normal, and she does not have tummy pain or bloatedness, then you really don;t need to worry.

HTH

sammysam Mon 06-Oct-08 09:33:12

Thank you! Just worried as I haven't seen it. DD was ill at the weekend didn't think it was related but now i am wandering and worrying. I suppose i just need to keep a very close eye on her, but i'm sure you're right-she must have passed it and just didn't notice-maybe dp changed her nappy when it passed?

nellyup Mon 06-Oct-08 09:42:04

My ds swallowed a 1p - took about 4 days to come out. I would have thought if your dd's OK in herself now then it's probably come out. But if you're worried as she's been ill over weekend then see your GP or a minor injuries unit who will get an X-ray done, they will not bat an eyelid, they see it all the time. You are NOT a bad mummy, just unlucky.

sammysam Tue 07-Oct-08 09:05:49

Thank you nellyup! I'm sure she must be fine-maybe too much info but she did 2 big poos yesterday and ate quite a lot-surely she wouldn't have done that 11 days on if there was a blockage?! I must have missed it. Or maybe she didn't even swallow it (although i'm 99% sure she did). I suppose i shouldn't put her through an x ray if there is no obvious problem? Please someone tell me if i'm wrong and i should be erring on the side of caution-please!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: