Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

does this sound like heartburn???

(3 Posts)
tink123 Sun 05-Oct-08 09:39:24

Hi, for past three days I have had a burning, stabbing pain under my right rib at night when in bed. The pain shoots into my neck and throat. When i get up, pain moves into my upper abdomen more as a discomfort, like a band under ribcage. Also I feel I have a lump in my oesphagus, but have no problems swallowing.

Otherwise feel ok. It's just I have never really suffered from heartburn. Mind you I am rather overweight and tend to eat right up until going to bed, often eating meal last thing at night.

lljkk Sun 05-Oct-08 18:02:59

Possibly, I would phone NHS-direct if I were you, they can talk you thru it and say if you should see your GP, etc.

3littlefrogs Sun 05-Oct-08 18:05:21

Sounds more like gall bladder IMO. You need to see your doctor though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: