Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

noriday and skipping period

(6 Posts)
smallcreep Sun 05-Oct-08 08:28:10

Hi, am on noriday and my next period is due the week I am on camping holiday-yuk!
Does anyone know of a way I can postpone my period whilst on this mini pil?
thanks

emma1977 Sun 05-Oct-08 11:46:07

Go and see your GP. They can prescribe norethisterone tablets to take at the same time as your pill to try and delay your period.

Noriday is already norethisterone at a much smaller dose, so you should be fine.

kerri123 Fri 27-May-11 11:16:52

i take my pill normally on time, i had sex 6days ago then i was 3hours and 30mins late taking my normal 'noriday' pill yesterday then had unprotected sex next morning...would i be ok or should i get the emergency pill quickly??????? i take my pill every evening,

QueenoftheSouth Fri 27-May-11 11:18:26

I've jsut started on that, having been on cerazeette for years. I never had a period when on first one, but now feel really awful, cramps etc. only 4 days into the packet too

kerri123 Sat 28-May-11 19:48:45

Yeah i've heard you can get on a stronger dose too if you know when you have a holiday date and your period is due. I started on Cerazette after my 1st baby i clotted and once i went on that tab things didnt get much better, my periods were scattered and long then once i went on noriday the clotting stopped and i seem back to normal with regular periods again, so much for doctors telling me your periods are artificial mines seem to always be on time now that im on noriday tab's 6months. However i feel more secure with cerazette but thought they seemed to strong for me like i had cramps a lot and had to poo a lot as well i blame cerazette for that

bigTillyMint Sat 28-May-11 19:56:44

Have you been on Norriday for long? I have been taking it for 3months (to sort ou very heavy periods) - nothing for 6 weeks then a drop a day for 3 weeks hmm Nothing at the moment.

I'm hoping it will settle into a more predictable pattern.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now