Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

So tired all the time......

(5 Posts)
npg1 Sat 04-Oct-08 12:57:02

Hi all.

I am asking for abit of advice. I am tired all the time. Am quite busy most days. have a long school run but this week have been trying to come home to rest in the afternoon. I have been sleeping for an hour PM before picking DD up. I am cancelling the gym for a few months as this is putting pressure on me. I am trying to do slimming world but keep eating choc as trying to pick myself up!

Today i have been up since 9.30am and it's now 12.30 and I could crawl back into bed and sleep again, I feel like this all the time.

Should I go to doc or not? I wake up in the night most nights to.

tink123 Sat 04-Oct-08 13:53:33

You could be anemic or have an underactive thyroid. Go to dr and ask for blood tests

biggreypants Sat 04-Oct-08 14:49:42

yup sounds like underactive thyroid. I have just been diagnosed with this since last birth, am bloody knackered keep waking up at night in a highly anxious state. It's crap am hoping it will correct itself eventually and its just a postpartum thingy. (wishful thinking emoticon)

npg1 Sat 04-Oct-08 18:49:39

So if it's an underactive thyroid what does that mean and what are the symptoms? Thanks ladies

biggreypants Sat 04-Oct-08 18:58:22

There are many symptoms, but tiredness is a big one, as is feeling achy, anxious, trouble sleeping, and weight gain. (but I've lost my appetite so the opposite for me!)
The only way to know is a blood test and if that is what it is you will need to take a supplement every day to replace the hormones your thyroid is not producing.
If that is what you have, you could just be a little run down.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: