Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Itchy breast

(8 Posts)
ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Sat 04-Oct-08 08:13:33

A few years ago I had a lump in my breast, I was sent for a scan and it had gone. Whenever I have anything untoward with my breast it is always the left one. The main part is a bit itchy this morning but I can't relieve it with a scratch. I don't feel I need to see a Doctor but was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on what it might be. TIA.

fryalot Sat 04-Oct-08 08:29:11

no idea.

But if it makes you feel better, my left breast itches uncontrollably sometimes - somewhere round the nipple area but not quite the nipple iykwim.

Of course you are going to worry because of your history and if you are concerned, ring NHS direct or speak to your doc but I've had this before and it has not been anything sinister.

xx

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Sat 04-Oct-08 08:47:52

Thank you.

coochybottom Sat 04-Oct-08 10:20:21

I have this too and it worries me cos my Mum died from breast cancer. I have no other symptoms and assume it is due to sweating during exercise.

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Sat 04-Oct-08 10:43:34

My Nana had breast cancer so I worry too. Definitely not exercise! I'd only done some baking and washing this morning. It is alsi the breast that is a bit bigger than the other one.

coochybottom Sat 04-Oct-08 11:37:58

Has it always been bigger? I was wondering if Squonk has asked the doctor about this. I would say if you are worried go to docs but I understand it is very scary the thought of something being wrong. Let me know if you do ask as I would be interested in what they say. I have been wondering about myself too but have been reluctant to ask the doc.

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Sat 04-Oct-08 12:49:54

It has been bigger since I had children I think.

I went a few months back to see the nurse as I was getting a lot of pain and aching in that breast. She said it is quite common when you are carrying small children. No one has ever said that to me before.

I would go if I was really worried but atm I am just keeping an eye on them for changes.

coochybottom Sat 04-Oct-08 18:57:11

I have had aching as well in the past but in the other breast to the itching. I put it down to picking up my twins etc and has settled down now. I also wondered if it was due to misfitting bra as it also got better when I got a new one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now