Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Has anyone had surgery for a cystocele?

(3 Posts)
Humdrummum Fri 03-Oct-08 21:37:15

In 2 weeks time I'm due to have surgery to sort out a vaginal/bladder prolapse (cystocele) and also to repair my perineum. I'm feeling really anxious about whether or not I'm doing the right thing. I'd love to hear from anyone who's had a similar procedure and can tell me how it was for them - recovery, results etc...please advise!

theautomatic Sat 04-Oct-08 09:54:20

humdrummum, dont have any experience myself, but there is a thread in childbirth about women who've suffered as a result of tears, ventouse etc and treatments they've had as a result. It may be relevant to you?

Humdrummum Sat 04-Oct-08 20:54:13

Thanks theautomatic - loads of interesting stories and plenty of people who seem to be suffering from the same symptoms as me (always good to know you're not the only one!) but can't find anything from anyone who has actually had surgery to fix it. Hopefully hear from someone soon...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: