Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Period - Please I am worried is this normal? - TMI

(6 Posts)
feeble Fri 03-Oct-08 20:03:37

I have just started my first post coil period and I have had big lumps in it - is this normal never had anything else like this before and I am worried?

bubbles4 Fri 03-Oct-08 20:44:37

never had a coil but i would suspect the big lumps are clots and isnt the coil supposed to cause heavier periods.I once went to the gp after constant bleeding for three weeks plus clots and i was on the contraceptive injection and he just looked at me and said sounds normal to me.If your worried give nhs direct a ring and see if you can have a chat with one of the nurses.

MrsJamesMartin Fri 03-Oct-08 20:51:17

Yes its normal to have heavier more clotty bleeds with the coil in.

googgly Fri 03-Oct-08 21:16:27

Bit of a hijack, but I have a coil, and seem to be getting in-between bleeds - not very heavy but browny/bloody discharge at times during the cycle. Is this normal??

beanieb Fri 03-Oct-08 21:20:56

Clots happen when the flow is so quick and heavy that the body can't produce enough of the clotting agent. Could be because of the coil, though I know nothing about coils. I get qiite big clots sometimes, like large pieces of liver, and I am fine and have read it's normal but if you are worried about the coil maybe go back to see the doc?

feeble Sat 04-Oct-08 19:24:17

I have just had it removed (sorry if that wasn't clear) I didn't really get periods at all when I had it in so perhaps its because I havent had a proper peiod for erm... 4 years (only had the coil for 2 but with pregnancy and bf...)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: