Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

All of a sudden I really pong and nothing I do helps...

(12 Posts)
LadyOfWaffle Fri 03-Oct-08 18:01:21

The last week or so I really wiff and I have tried everything. I am not sweating more, just smell blush I don't use perfumed shower gels (i don't think anway...), I scrub well & have tried varying amount of deodorant. The worst is when I get up in the morning. I don't know if it's hormones from just having had a baby, or breastfeeding? Whatever it is, how can I help it? blush Thanks.

hecate Fri 03-Oct-08 18:02:43

What do you smell like? certain medical conditions can cause smells. Which parts of you are you getting a smell from?

LadyOfWaffle Fri 03-Oct-08 18:08:57

O, armpits. Just... like kebab, really urgh.

hecate Fri 03-Oct-08 18:10:30

I'm thinking bromhidrosis?

LadyOfWaffle Fri 03-Oct-08 18:11:19

<<off to google>>

Portofino Fri 03-Oct-08 18:11:30

Check under the pillows? Long story but I found a kebab in bed once.

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 03-Oct-08 18:15:23

I sweat a LOT and I swear by this

If you are worried then get checked out.

Congrats on new baby

LadyOfWaffle Fri 03-Oct-08 18:16:58

No kebab in the bed! Says caused by poor hygiene ( that b word) but I shower every am & bath pm. I shave 'em.

LadyOfWaffle Fri 03-Oct-08 18:18:27

ok, thanks, i'll give it a whirl! Not worried as such, just want rid of it

hecate Fri 03-Oct-08 18:19:00

poor hygiene? no it's not

notsoteenagemum Fri 03-Oct-08 18:20:48

This happened to me blush I use perspirex now it really good but can irritate. I put it down to hormone change after DS.
Good luck, sweet smelling!!

luvaduck Fri 03-Oct-08 18:23:15

yeh - its well known that you sweat more after having a baby - all that extra fluid you retain during pregnancy has to be lost somehow

i was the same, and am now as sweet as roses (sometimes)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now