Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

my 15 months fell off the stairway!!

(9 Posts)
cyphercat Fri 03-Oct-08 15:32:33

She seems to be okay...should I take her to emergency just to make sure?? I'm gonna put stairgate on top as well....She has been bumping herself in so many places since she started walking. What should I do?

Tommy Fri 03-Oct-08 15:34:02

if she seems to be OK, don't take her to A&E. She will do this a lot. If she was crying or really lethargic, I would but if she seems fine, she probably is smile

HeinzSight Fri 03-Oct-08 15:35:43

how far did she fall?

charchargabor Fri 03-Oct-08 15:35:53

How far did she fall? Any visible lumps or bruising and is she alert? Did she cry immediately after falling? If you're worried then don't hesitate to take her, would probably go to walk in rather than a+e unless she is losing consciousness or seems very ill.

cyphercat Fri 03-Oct-08 15:41:39

she's playing at the moment. Have been a bit whingy and frustrated as she's hurting herself a lot...she fell all the way down on her front and then did a flip on the way down...and cried A LOT for 1 min. she's playing with phone and going pip pip at the moment.....I feel yucky

HeinzSight Fri 03-Oct-08 15:45:30

poor you sad

I would probably take her to be check out if in doubt, that's quite a long way to fall.

In meantime, look out for signs of shock

pale, cold, clammy skin,
rapid breathing and rapid pulse,
nausia etc.

Or hot flushed, red face, if you notice this take her IMMEDIATELY.

Am off out now, HTH xxx

cyphercat Fri 03-Oct-08 15:46:12

okay..she seems to be fine. She must be really tired as she has her booster yesterday and maybe she's a bit off today...it was HORRIBLE fall though I thought she might die.

cyphercat Fri 03-Oct-08 15:47:29

she has red face.. already as she is teething as well and having cold. eating yogurt happily at the moment.

charchargabor Fri 03-Oct-08 15:50:13

Yes, poor you cybercat. It is awful when they hurt themselves. She sounds like she is doing ok but I would probably take her to walk-in just to get checked because it is quite far to fall. Hope you are both ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now