Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

This is the last time i post about this i promise! Please be patient with me! Another missed period negative test

(27 Posts)
Charlee Fri 03-Oct-08 10:34:47

I know i have been bantering on about this for a bit now but this is the last time i promise.!

I am a week late with my usually 'regular like clockwork' period.

I have had 4 Neg tests i am NOT ttc. I have mad period type cramps but no nearly as bad as i normally do. (normally excruciating)
I know i am probably not pregnant as the tests are really acurate these days.
I used tesco own ones (Can't afford Clear Blue!)

Yesterday night i had some water drown blood in my undies (sorry gross i know!) only a tiny bit but nothing more.

I have had sore boobs on and off and although i haven't vomitted i feel quite sick alot of the time.

I asked my gp who said i probably wasnt and a blood test is pointless as the hpt's are so accurate.

The reason i worry is if by a small chance i WAS pregnant i need to be quick in getting myself booked in with my hemotologist as i have really thick blood and NEED anticoagulatns through pregnancy. Its not something i can really be willy nilly about!.

Shoudl i just sit tight and wait to come on or go and see my gp again or what? Any advice please.

PonderingThoughts Fri 03-Oct-08 10:51:30

Hi Charlee. I have opened a similar thread to yours!

Difference is, I can't go by periods as I have a Mirena coil.

I have all pregnancy symptoms too, but Negative test.

Maybe there is some sort of bug going round that makes your body think it's pg...and you and I have it!!

Sorry honey, I don't know the answer - maybe just explain your concern/thick blood predicament to your GP and insist on a blood test?!

<bumping for you until someone more helpful comes along anyway>

Charlee Fri 03-Oct-08 10:55:14

My gp wasn't concerned about bloods as he said the hpts were so accurate a blood test would probably come up with the same result.

Have just barfed up my cup of tea and now i feel really dizzy sad woah is me! grin

I hope things work out the way you want them to ponderingthoughts. smile Thanks for thaking the time to answer most people are probably looking and going 'ffs its her again!'

PonderingThoughts Fri 03-Oct-08 10:58:31

Maybe you do need to invest in one of those 'first response' tests.

I know they are pricey but maybe it is just really early days for you and the tesco one isn't picking it up.

I know they are all supposed to be really accurate (that's why I opted for a boots own 'half the price of the others' one too!)

But maybe you need to make the investment to a 'first responce' one to be sure to be sure..so to speak?!

Charlee Fri 03-Oct-08 11:00:49

Yes i suppose i should.

I have just phoned my Family Planning clininc but that are shut hmm bloomin typical.

At first i was horrified at the thought of being pregnant now i don't care i just want it sorted!!!!!!!

PonderingThoughts Fri 03-Oct-08 11:14:51

See, this is another things that makes me wonder if I am PG. For the past 5 years, being pg again would be the end of the world. Not something we can do and have agreed, no more for various reasons.

Yet in the last 3 weeks my feelings/thoughts have completely U-turned and I'm all like 'oh it would be ok, we'd cope - I really want another one'...and I'm wondering where the hell has that come from?!

I'm saying to myself, 'that's not what you thought 2 months ago, why are you thinking like this?'(I don't usually talk to myself by the way, I'm not a nutter!)

but..ykwim?!

Charlee Fri 03-Oct-08 12:13:58

Yeah i know what you mean.

I guess its just going to be a case of bloomin waititng!

FuriousGeorge Fri 03-Oct-08 20:54:58

Charlee,I don't want to scare you,but it could be an ectopic pregnancy.Typical signs are period like cramps and watery blood,that looks like prune juice.Sometimes you can get a neg pg test with an ectopic too.GPS can be very poor at diagnosing ectopics ,sadly.

Is there an early pregnancy centre at your local hospital? They will give you a blood test & if it is positive,another one in 48 nours to check the hormone levels are doubling and rule out an ectopic.

Please go & get checked out.I had an ep & luckily it was caught early enough to save my life & enable me to have my dd's .

keep us posted & good luck.

Charlee Fri 03-Oct-08 21:53:42

OMG! I don;t know if there is an EPU at my local hospital! How do find out? Am worried now!

frasersmummy Fri 03-Oct-08 22:02:17

Furious is right about getting it checked but it could just be a hormonal imbalance ...

A few montsh ago I had a missed period, sickness, sore boobs, dizzines, falling asleep all the time

I couldnt possibly have been pregnant .. well not unless I had a visit from an angel

gp just recommened herbal hormonal rebalancing from local chemist

Aitch Fri 03-Oct-08 22:04:31

agree with fg. don't bother with more tests, tesco's are very good. you nrrd to descrine your symptoms atan epu. hope t's okay but you an't tske chsnces.

Charlee Fri 03-Oct-08 22:04:39

Im really panicking now i gooled eptopic pg's and it said about shoulder pain whic i had badly yesterday but not so much today. I am worried.

Charlee Fri 03-Oct-08 22:05:51

OK i will go to out of hours gp tommorrw i don't know if we have an epu at the hospital. I hope it will be ok to wait untill tommorrow if it were eptopic.

Aitch Fri 03-Oct-08 22:06:05

not wishing to upset you, but youshould be.

Aitch Fri 03-Oct-08 22:07:16

srry for typing, am bfing.
google your hospital phone the number, find out if an epu. don't muck aorund with gps.

Charlee Fri 03-Oct-08 22:07:55

What now or tommorrow, how urgent is this?

Aitch Fri 03-Oct-08 22:09:55

first thing tomorrow? if shoulder pain doesn't return, that is. if it does, head to a and e.

Charlee Fri 03-Oct-08 22:10:42

Ok thanks i will do.

Bloody crying now. sad

TheBlonde Fri 03-Oct-08 22:11:42

epu lists

Charlee Fri 03-Oct-08 22:13:05

No not a EPU near me - can i call NHS direct tommorrw?

SnoopDog Fri 03-Oct-08 22:14:09

charlee,

i have blood probs in pg and i know what you mean about needing to be seen,

is there a chance you could be pregnant?

can you remember when you had sex? was it at a 'potential' time in the month?

you should try to take it easy till tomoz, getting yourself all upset will make no difference (not going to patronose saying saying calm will help, if it is an ep nothing will change that now)

can we do anything to help you?

Charlee Fri 03-Oct-08 22:17:49

SnoopDog - thankyou but i don't think there is anything.

We had alot fo sex last month blush it was becuase for some bizarre reason o was feeling incredably 'in the mood' which i never do so we took advantage of it.

I will try to calm down but i am crying quite alot now, i hope i don't wake dp he is NOT good with this sort of thing.

No more spotting just, slight nausea and dizziness.

SnoopDog Fri 03-Oct-08 22:21:06

so it is possible you are just pregnant and not having an ep?

would it be such a bad thing?

children are a blessing when you have blood disorders,

i peeped at your profile and your boys are truly adorable smile

Charlee Fri 03-Oct-08 22:23:08

I suppose there is a small chance despite the 4 negative tests. If i were im guessing i would only be about 4-5 weeks.

Thank you the boys are brilliant.

SnoopDog Fri 03-Oct-08 22:35:14

dd took us 4 attempts,

the 3 mcs broke my heart,

i still miss my tiny tiny ds (early mc, didnt know about the sex of the others)

do you have to have tablets or injections while pg?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now