Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can babies get piles?

(3 Posts)
babyOcho Thu 02-Oct-08 19:32:10

DD is 6 months, almost 7. Since food her poos aren't what they used to be.

Today, she was playing and did two huge strains, did a poo and then started to cry.

She cried when I changed her nappy and then for a bit longer after. The poo wasnt hard (I poked it through a tissue). With such big strains, can she get piles?

Sunshine78 Thu 02-Oct-08 19:44:26

I was born with 1 and at 30 still have it - cant bring myvself to have it removed. Perhaps best thogh to get HV or GP to take a look to double check.

smellyeli Thu 02-Oct-08 22:29:07

My DD is the same - since starting to wean 2 weeks ago she's been struggling to poo and crying afterwards. It's really unusual to get piles in babies, but they can get little anal tears which are v. sore. I'm putting vaseline on her bottom to ease things a bit and holding off on the baby rice, going more for fruit and veg. Gave her some Ella's kitchen prune mixture yesterday and that seems to have done the trick. Now just have to convince her to drink water.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now