Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bird Flu?

(9 Posts)
RTKangaMummy Tue 01-Mar-05 18:04:03

What do you think?

Drugs will be for a quarter of population of UK?

SeaShells Tue 01-Mar-05 18:08:14

I don't get it really, aparently it won't cure bird flu, just prevent it, so if there is only going to be enough for 1 in 4 people, how will they decide who gets it?

It's very scary though!

bundle Tue 01-Mar-05 18:09:45

there are 2 kinds of drugs i think - antivirals to reduce symptoms (ie treatment) and vaccine (prevention), which they have to make a new one of every year because of mutations. so which are these?

noddyholder Tue 01-Mar-05 18:09:54

the drugs are anti virals not vaccines I think Very scary as it makes me feel it is coming if they are stock piling

Keane Tue 01-Mar-05 18:09:59

its very worrying isnt it

Keane Tue 01-Mar-05 18:10:44

makes me feel sick
esp for my daughter as she always has everything so BAD

RTKangaMummy Tue 01-Mar-05 18:17:17

These drugs are anti viral

they will be given to Doctors and nurses cos they will be in contact to sufferes

then key workers

then vunerable people

after 4-6 weeks or could have been months after they know which strain will make a vaccine

RTKangaMummy Tue 01-Mar-05 18:18:51

here is some news

SeaShells Tue 01-Mar-05 18:25:02

Very scary, the fact that so much is being spent on this makes me very worried, obviously more of a threat than we realised!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now