Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

how can i help my friend?

(10 Posts)
biglips Tue 01-Mar-05 16:12:20

sorry its a long-ish one

i started a thread couple weeks ago that she had burning pain feeling in left side tummy persuming was etopic pg. she never went to checked it out and didnt have her period for 6 weeks, but one day she came on so she was gald, but ive told her that she may still be pg and get it checked out, it took her for another month before she made an appointment to see docs which was 2 weeks ago, her docs fobbed her off saying it could be a number of things, he didnt check her over and told her to see a midwife!! i wasnt impressed as we waited at the docs for an hour
ive been asking my friend to make that appointment now, im giving up as it gone on since xmas... she had came off the pill nearly 2 months ago coz it was making her depressed (she started to get the pains b 4 she came off the pill) and her doc advsd her to go on the coil..(she had a miscarry 2-3 yrs ago just to let you know anyway). Today, ive asked had she been to see the midwife - No (midwife only there on tuesdays at the health centre), she decided to go back on the pill!!!! ive told her to get herself checked out b 4 going back on the pill, as i dont think shes pg but could be summat else.. she never had a smear (she is 22) and dont wants kids as she wants to be sterilsed....what more can i do?

MummytoSteven Tue 01-Mar-05 16:14:31

first thing - if there is any doubt at all as to whether she is PG can you get her to take a PG test

other than that I don't understand what the main problem is? is it that she is in pain or irregular periods?

biglips Tue 01-Mar-05 16:21:44

she had no periods for 6 weeks and she had the pain with it so presumed it was an etopic pg, but now she havent got them pains and her periods back to normal for the past month - she wouldnt still be pg? (as she doesnt feel pg as she been pg before but miscarried)

MummytoSteven Tue 01-Mar-05 16:27:18

first things first - if your friend ever suspects an ectopic she should get checked out straight away at a & e - an untreated ectopic pg can KILL. even a treated ectopic pg can result in future fertility problems unless it is caught early enough. if her periods are back to normal, then I don't think there's much a doc could do/investigate anyway, unless she does have further symptoms.

biglips Tue 01-Mar-05 16:34:31

so is she ok to go back on the pill without getting checked out!!

biglips Tue 01-Mar-05 23:10:39

bump

biglips Wed 02-Mar-05 09:57:50

bump

biglips Wed 02-Mar-05 13:06:43

bump

biglips Wed 02-Mar-05 13:59:09

anyone pls?

nnosam Wed 02-Mar-05 14:09:06

if it was me, i would get checked frist, because if she is pg then the pill may harm her or baby.
hth

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now