Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

****Floaty bit in knee****

(7 Posts)
FruitynNutty Wed 01-Oct-08 20:53:50

I slipped and fell heavily on my left knee about 6 weeks ago.
Know every time I kneel and put any kind of weight on my knee I get a terrible shooting pain through it.
I had a feel of both of my knees to see if there was any physical difference and found a hard loose bit of something in the injured one.
It feels as if a bit of bone has broken off and it just lying around in there.

Is it worth going to the GP? Or is it one of those things that nothing can be done about?
DP thinks it will probably give me trouble later on in life if I don't get it looked at.

I'm hoping it will get better soon as I'm due to give birth in March and am hoping to be able to do this on all fours!

FruitynNutty Wed 01-Oct-08 20:54:20

now not know

cmotdibbler Wed 01-Oct-08 20:56:08

Go to the GP and get referred to an orthopaedic surgeon. If there is a bit loose in there then they can remove it laprascopically

lilymolly Wed 01-Oct-08 20:56:45

yes and get him to refer to lower limb orthopaedic consultant who can do a simple knee arthroscopy if needs be to have a look inside and see whats what.

Oh just realised your pregnant due March me too smile

May not do surgery whilst pregnant- due to anaesthetic risk- but def ask for referral.

lilymolly Wed 01-Oct-08 20:56:47

yes and get him to refer to lower limb orthopaedic consultant who can do a simple knee arthroscopy if needs be to have a look inside and see whats what.

Oh just realised your pregnant due March me too smile

May not do surgery whilst pregnant- due to anaesthetic risk- but def ask for referral.

FruitynNutty Wed 01-Oct-08 21:00:29

OMG that sounds painful sad

Oooh, lilymolly I think I recognise your name actually. Do you post on the "due in March" thread? I sort f gave up when it got so big blush but pop in every so often.

So I'd better go to the GP then, humph, it just takes up so much of my time. Bloody flip flops, they are a health hazard I tell you! angry

lilymolly Wed 01-Oct-08 21:06:49

Oh My God someone recognised me grin I am sooooooo proud wink

Yes thats me! Yes I also gave up on the March thread too- far too big

Oh its not that painful I am sure- Just a small incision about 2cms each side one to insert the camera and the other to insert any instruments

Dead easy honest x

Cant claim to have had one but observed 100s

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now