Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

PMT and eating too much!

(9 Posts)
noddyholder Tue 30-Sep-08 16:35:13

About once or twice a year I get horrendous ott face stuffing hunger the day before my period is due.I haven't had this for about a year but its back and seems to coincide with worse other symptoms too as my boobs are killing(sorry if tmi) and i am exhausted.I have eaten 3 kitkats and 2 packets of crisps and no decent food today at all and could eat more tbh.How can i stop this

noddyholder Tue 30-Sep-08 17:21:35

bump

saramoon Tue 30-Sep-08 20:58:55

Once or twice a year!!!!!! Good lord i get this every bloody month. It is really hard to control as my body seems to crave anything salty or sugary. It will make you feel worse though giving in to the urges.

What can you do about it? You are supposed to eat every couple of hours, stuff like rice cakes, oat cakes, fruit, stuff that is low energy release so you don't feel so starving

FrayedKnot Tue 30-Sep-08 21:04:03

Oh yes I get this every month too, for about a week

I make up for it by eating super healthily the rest of the month

I try to make cakes / biscuits myslef so that at least it's not complete junk

Usually I just give in to it for a couple of days

I also get the lovely nork pain, the kind where you take your bra off and it's agony

I am trying Agnus Castus atm not sure yet whether it really is making any difference

I keep reading things about magnesium supplements as well.

noddyholder Tue 30-Sep-08 22:07:14

agnus castus worked for me before but made me a sex fiend blush Taking off my bra for a bath tomight had ne in tears Have had 4 bags of crisps too.I get 'normal'pig out very monmth but this is horrendous

CountessDracula Tue 30-Sep-08 22:10:54

noddy I have had awful pmt in the past year or so - I realised that if I gave in and stuffed my face then I was fine

I try and make sure I eat proper food too though so I don't just keep stuffing chocolcate

CountessDracula Tue 30-Sep-08 22:11:20

pmsl @ sex fiend grin

CountessDracula Tue 30-Sep-08 22:20:27

Also I try and pig out on good varieties of things i like

eg good dark choc not star bars
pickled onions not crisps

noddyholder Tue 30-Sep-08 22:57:58

thanks all.Had chocolate aswell tonight Think may be over the worst by tomorrow.Agnus castus retrieved from the cupboard dp will be delighted

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now