Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Poor little ds has some sort of cyst on his bum

(3 Posts)
dinny Mon 28-Feb-05 18:46:58

I'm so worried. He had very bad red nappy rash around his bottom (the actual "hole") for a few days and then this morning I noticed a round-ish swelling/lump. Took him to hv who got doctor in and she's sarted him on antibiotics and said if it gets bigger/bursts or he gets a temp I have to take him to paed a&e. I'm so scared. Anyone ever heard of anything like this? How long do antibiotics take to kick in? It's causing considerable pain too. He is 6 months, btw.

KateandtheGirls Mon 28-Feb-05 18:50:44

My daughter used to get these often and her doctor thought it was a staph infection . It never really went away until she was out of nappies, but they only became infected a couple of times, and in those cases antibiotics worked pretty quickly.

dinny Mon 28-Feb-05 18:56:05

He is in such pain when he poos (and he poos so often). Thanks for your reply, Kateandthegirls. I am so stressed out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now