Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Calling Fairyfly

(11 Posts)
amynnixmum Mon 28-Feb-05 12:54:51

Hi FF
Haven't been on for a few days and i was thinking yesterday about your mum. How is she? Has she started the radiotherapy yet?
My mum is OK - she's got no hair left though.

Beetroot Mon 28-Feb-05 12:55:40

Message withdrawn

amynnixmum Mon 28-Feb-05 12:56:19

Thanks Beetroot, I'll bump this later then.

amynnixmum Mon 28-Feb-05 15:52:35

bump

Beetroot Mon 28-Feb-05 15:54:46

Message withdrawn

amynnixmum Mon 28-Feb-05 15:55:37

Thanks Beetroot.

fairyfly Mon 28-Feb-05 18:40:24

Hi mummy of ami and nik, so nice of you to ask how i am, it is lovely of you.
My mum is alright she hasn't started her radiotherapy yet as she ended up with an infection in her breast after the operation. She has a big swollen black boob which is making her laugh believe it or not.I think she will begin radiotherapy in another three weeks.I am incredibly proud of her as she seems to still be keeping herself up, i was worried it could make her reavulate her life and start questioning her mortality. Sometimes she gets frightened but rings me which is the best thing to come out of all of this, we are getting on very well.
Yesterday she rang and had a moment of sweetness she told me my kids made her want to get better and they keep her going as she adores being a nanna.
Chemotherapy must be very tough on you all and i realise how lucky we are in comparison, i hope you are looking after each other and managing to stay positive. How are you feeling and how is your mum?

LGJ Mon 28-Feb-05 18:55:12

have tols her abouteh thread so you will get a reply soon amy....

Beety did you get Cod to type that for you ?

amynnixmum Tue 01-Mar-05 09:53:03

Hi FF
Glad to hear you and your mum are getting through this thing together and staying so positive. I am fine really as there is unlikely to be any change to the current situation until mum finishes her treatment. Then there will be an anxious few weeks or even months i guess while we wait to see if things stay all clear.
Mum is ok too. She's feeling a bit sick still at the moment but I expect she will be alright in a couple of days. She seems to feel pretty rough for the first week and then gets better until her next treatment. All her hair has now fallen out though which i thought was quite quick. She was a bit low when it first started coming out but she seems ok about it now its all gone. Like your mum she is determined to be ok so she can see her grandchildren grow up and have children of their own.
Mum had a really swollen black boob as well
Let me know how it goes when your mum starts treatment. xx

fairyfly Tue 01-Mar-05 10:08:26

You all sound brave. Im glad you have each other. Must be a shock to see her physically effected with her hair etc. I have not seen anything like that, my mum looks really well so i feel for you. The only thing different is her boob but i have insisted she keeps her bra on and stops looking for attention
Im glad your mum is picking herself up a bit, it seems a positive outlook does wonders. I hope she doesn't get any worse and any side effects pass quickly for her. My mum has gone shopping today which she has not felt like doing, i hope she is alright.
Fingers crossed this works for you all and please let me know how she is doing. Im always about if you ever need to talk. x

amynnixmum Tue 01-Mar-05 11:47:02

Thanks FF,
I'm here for you too xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now