Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Molluscum and tea tree oil - astonishing results

(5 Posts)
sandyballs Mon 28-Feb-05 10:53:01

I've followed previous molloscum threads and know there are a lot of mums out there whose children are suffering from molluscum so thought I would share this with you.

My dd (4) has had them since October last year - under her right armpit and down her right side, a few on her bottom and lots behind her right knee.
A week ago I read in a Sunday supplement that tea tree oil was supposed to be good for them and I started applying it directly to the spots with cotton wool (undiluted) once a day - a week later and they are at least 70% better! I can't believe it and wish I'd tried it months ago.
It does sting DD for about 5 minutes which is a bit distressing for her but she is obviously very pleased they are going and thinks it is worth 5 minutes of pain!

singersgirl Mon 28-Feb-05 20:41:57

Hi, Sandyballs, do you apply it to all the spots or just the red inflamed ones that are coming to a head? DS2 has molluscum too; DS1's took about 9 months to go, so I'm keen to try....

sandyballs Wed 02-Mar-05 13:50:56

Hiya - sorry, only just seen this. I apply it to all the spots, even the ones that seem to be going as it has speeded up their disappearance!

Nik72 Wed 02-Mar-05 16:41:52

It's miracle stuff - did you know it kills MRSA?? Great for impetigo too.

singersgirl Wed 02-Mar-05 20:38:32

Thanks for replies. Might try this as it seems cheaper than the Elizabeth Arden cream suggested in the other thread.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now