Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Copper Coil - Does heavy bleeding lessen?

(5 Posts)
Boulders Fri 26-Sep-08 21:59:04

I have had a copper coil for a few months and am happy with it apart from the very heavy periods. I have only had two periods since insertion (as am breastfeeding) but they were very heavy and soaked my nightclothes. Does the bleeding lessen as time goes by or will my periods be like this until it is removed? TIA.

Blandmum Fri 26-Sep-08 21:59:55

It didn't for me, but I had one fitted under odd circumstances that might have made the bleeding worse

canofworms Fri 26-Sep-08 22:01:07

I had one for a year and the periods were horrendous all the time. However my friend had one and they did settle down after a couple of months

frogs Fri 26-Sep-08 22:02:18

It didn't for me, either. Was fine initially, but got worse with each pg, until I had it removed. Periods are now okay. I think periods get heavier after pregnancies and as you get older anyway.

You might want to give it 6 months or so to let your cycles settle down after childbirth.

emma1977 Fri 26-Sep-08 22:03:15

Doesn't tend to change I'm afraid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now