Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

ENORMOUS exploding molluscum

(18 Posts)
DisasterArea Fri 26-Sep-08 21:54:20

really really hurts. had a little squeeze after a shower but nothing much coming out. just big and red and angry and very painful. and oozing slightly. and the skin around it is all red and hot and sore.
need sympathy. now.

TheProvincialLady Fri 26-Sep-08 21:55:14

No idea what molluscum is but it sounds grim. Sympathies.

Blandmum Fri 26-Sep-08 21:55:42

watch out, because when they pop they can bleed a lot.

If it helps at all, when they do this, they often go quite quickly afterwards

Iworryalot Fri 26-Sep-08 21:56:06

me to what is it , poor you

platypussy Fri 26-Sep-08 21:57:51

I thought a mollescum was some kind of shellfish. Poor you'

Blandmum Fri 26-Sep-08 21:59:06

they are pearl like spots/blisters on the skin, caused by a virus similar to chicken pox. They can last for months

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Fri 26-Sep-08 21:59:54

Oooer. They're not nice. I put Fucidin on my children's molloscum when they got like that (from GP). On the up side they all seemed to have a 'herald' molloscum and once that one exploded the others went fairly quickly.

watsthestory Fri 26-Sep-08 22:00:00

Message withdrawn

Iworryalot Fri 26-Sep-08 22:00:17

where are they

DisasterArea Fri 26-Sep-08 22:00:28

had itfor years.tis HUGE much bigger than an average childs one. and much more painful than muy other ones i picked off got rid of.
tis also in my groin so can't sit properly.
and have v posh wedding and big pants to wear tomorrow.

CarGirl Fri 26-Sep-08 22:01:23

you need to let your body now recognise that you have molluscum and they will vanish soon after - honest!

Joolyjoolyjoo Fri 26-Sep-08 22:01:51

Oh God- you are making me paranoid now- dd has molluscum (has had it for EVER) and now I'm paranoid I'm going to get it on my bits!! I may never sit on the toilet seat again... (she has them on her bum!)

Iworryalot Fri 26-Sep-08 22:02:01

oh i think my next door neighbours kids had them for ages like little blisters

DisasterArea Fri 26-Sep-08 22:03:26

not on bits. just in groin crease. and only ever had a few - now only 2 left. but this one is huge. DD1 had them on her arm. DD2 nevr had them. i am the only adult i know who has them. maybe because i am so young and youthful looking?

Iworryalot Fri 26-Sep-08 22:03:33

look quite scary

Iworryalot Fri 26-Sep-08 22:05:03

can you get cream or help from your GP , sounds painfull and very annoying hope you get some relief soon .

DisasterArea Fri 26-Sep-08 22:06:55

just bloody typical that it is friday night. have do to go to tomorrow and then working nights so can't get to a chemist before wednesday by which time i may have gangerine and my leg will have fallen off.
may have more wine then squeeze it

Iworryalot Fri 26-Sep-08 22:10:23

no dont do that..... it may get infected then .. i had a boil /cyst down there [blush ] then had a pick around all went sore and infected .. not nice ... fine now but do well to leave to natural devices... have a warm bath and soak the area ..every day if you can ... hope that helps

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now