Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bleeding after sex. Anyone else had this? Got an explanation?

(13 Posts)
weebump Fri 26-Sep-08 17:31:17

This is really annoying me, and is a real dampner on my sex life! Basically I often bleed a little after sex - not every time, but most times. It's usually just a little bit. I saw the doctor once about it ages ago, and she had a look, and said it was just friction or something like that. I recently had a baby, and thought that after all that stretching might have helped a bit, but lo and behold it's still there! Anyone else suffer from this. Could it be caused by anything else, and do I - and dp - just have to put up with it?

expatinscotland Fri 26-Sep-08 17:33:36

see someone. could be cervical erosion, but needs checked out.

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 26-Sep-08 17:36:11

Yes, weebump, get it checked out.

It could be treated simply.

smile

PortBlacksandResident Fri 26-Sep-08 17:40:52

I thought Cervical Erosion too. Sounds gross but actually all it means is that the softer cells from your womb grow down a bit into the cervix and can cause bleeding after sex.

I have it. Think of the difference between your skin around your mouth and the red skin inside your mouth. It's a bit like that.

Apparently it means you're still fertile hmm.

<Well, explained that one well didn't i?>

PortBlacksandResident Fri 26-Sep-08 17:42:18

BTW don't misconstrue the hmm. I don't know your situation - it just amused ME to be told that.

grin

weebump Fri 26-Sep-08 20:24:25

Thanks everyone. PortBlacksandResident, is there anything you can do about it? Is it just one of those things we have to put up with?

dontbitemytoes Fri 26-Sep-08 20:33:57

hello, i had this about 10 years ago with my then regular boyfriend. constant smears/exams later and nothing could be found hmm

change of partner and never any bleeding again, i still have no idea what caused it, but it lasted about 3 years - as long as my boyfriend. I'm not suggesting you do the sam as me to stop it though grin

justkeepswimming Fri 26-Sep-08 20:36:10

i had it - was told it was cervical erosion too.

think advice i got was not use tampons and give it time hmm
but it did stop.

good luck!

PortBlacksandResident Fri 26-Sep-08 20:45:04

It comes and goes with me - some smears the nurse has seen more erosion than at other times.

If it's really bad the cells can be frozen off but apparently this is not a nice procedure and they can come back. I've never been bad enough to need it (yet) thank goodness.

So yes - possibly just one of those things.

4andnotout Fri 26-Sep-08 20:48:07

I had cervical erosion which made me bleed after sex and between periods, i had the cells frozen off and tbh it wasn't bad at all. Well other than loads of nurses looking at my fanjo! I haven't had any trouble since having it done.

SixSpotBurnet Fri 26-Sep-08 20:50:36

I get this and am trying to summon up the time/energy/courage to do something about it! I also have little hard lumps on my cervix.

Mutt Fri 26-Sep-08 20:56:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PortBlacksandResident Fri 26-Sep-08 20:56:20

4andnotout - that IS good to hear!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now