Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

does anyone else suffer from thrush when using sanitary wear.....

(8 Posts)
mum2samandalex Thu 25-Sep-08 21:55:25

seem to constantly get it around my period oh the joys of being a women grin

TreeHuggerMum1 Fri 26-Sep-08 09:50:27

I had never had until I had my son (now nearly 3) and within six months of having him I was getting it the week before my period every month without fail. It did settle down after a few months and my HV and Dr both said it was perfectly normal because of all the hormone changes. Very rarley get it now, however baby number 2 is on the way so guess it'll start again after the birth.

MascaraOHara Fri 26-Sep-08 09:55:35

my friend used to suffer with this terribly. she switched from tampax to lilet and has been fine since.

Have you tried changing brands?

wontbepreggersagain Fri 26-Sep-08 09:55:53

i swapped to washable sanpro and a mooncup- not as icky/lentil weavery as it sounds grin since then i've had no probs!

MascaraOHara Fri 26-Sep-08 09:55:57

or even a mooncup

notcitrus Fri 26-Sep-08 11:44:04

I ended up seeing a gynaecologist about constant thrush/UTIs etc. He told me never to use tampons and use either a mooncup or towels and change them a lot - it stopped when I only used towels and also cut down on sugar around that time.

noonki Fri 26-Sep-08 11:49:14

I always get it using sanitary towels, never with my mooncup

ThingOne Fri 26-Sep-08 21:02:28

I found washable sanpro helped too. It's not that icky, honest!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now