Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Beechams All in One, Nurofen, Lempsip Maxi - what if I was pregnant?

(5 Posts)
musicmaker Sun 27-Feb-05 21:47:07

Hello

I think I am pregnant every month and never an excpet for once

I was on here moaning last night about my excruciating chesty cough and sore throat which has slightly eased today but U have now developed a dripping nose - nice.

I was just thinking about all the different types of medication I have taken over the last week, they all say do not take if pregnant. What if I am - what could happen to my baby?

musicmaker Sun 27-Feb-05 21:48:00

sorry for the bad typing - feel a bit dozey.

Newyearmum Sun 27-Feb-05 21:56:53

Absolutely nothing, don't worry about it.

I think they say 'don't take if pregnant' because they don't have any evidence one way or the other of whether or not these things are harmful in pregnancy (although I think they know that paracetamol is fine), not because the know they are.

I have a friend who took something MUCH MORE PROHIBITED in the first few weeks of her pregnancy and her dd is fine!

musicmaker Sun 27-Feb-05 22:07:03

Thanks

I was just hoping people were not going to come back with "it increases the risk of 70%..." with all these frightening stories

x

Newyearmum Sun 27-Feb-05 22:17:39

By the way good luck - hope this is your month! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now