Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What is this annoying pain?

(7 Posts)
SmallShips Thu 25-Sep-08 19:47:49

Ive had a very annoying stabbing pain in my left hip (right on the tip of the sticky out bone bit)Occassionaly radiating around the area, it comes and goes very quickly, painful but not very, more annoying than anything.

It doesnt seem to be connected to movement, it just happens. Ive just finished my period, so maybe its connected to my cycle?! I also had the same sort of pain in my lower back the other day (during period). Thought it might be a UTI, but dont have any pain when weeing or any other UTI symptoms.

Anyone have this or have any ideas? Suppose it it continues i need to see the GP.

LynetteScavo Thu 25-Sep-08 19:49:59

It does sound as if it could be a UTI, wxcept the pain isn't constant. I had a UTI with no other symptoms, but the pain was constant.

SmallShips Thu 25-Sep-08 19:56:17

a UTI isnt going to go away on its own either is it?!

LynetteScavo Thu 25-Sep-08 20:29:18

antibiotics should soon sort you out if that's what it is. smile

SmallShips Thu 25-Sep-08 21:00:07

what does a trapped nerve feel like?

<<clutches at straws in a attempt not to see GP for antibiotics>>

LynetteScavo Thu 25-Sep-08 21:14:35

a trapped enrve is a very sharp shooting pain.

UTI is a dull ache.

JUST GO TO THe GP WILL YOU! grin

SmallShips Thu 25-Sep-08 21:21:25

LOL

well the pain is not dull, its sharp, but not very painful sharp, more painful-ish, annoying sharp!

If its still there in the morning, i'll make an appointmet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now