Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Am panicking over a lump in my face

(8 Posts)
loopylou6 Thu 25-Sep-08 15:58:04

went GP before and she seems to think that it is a gland reacting to a gnat bite i have on my temple, the lump is inline with my earlobe iyswim? can anyone reassure me plkease? i didnt even know there where glands there

loopylou6 Thu 25-Sep-08 18:55:30

anyone?

dustystar Thu 25-Sep-08 19:03:22

She probably means a sweat gland. You have those all over your body.

dustystar Thu 25-Sep-08 19:05:33

Oh forget that - the lump is in a different place to the bite - sorry. You do have glands around this neck/ear/face area though.

loopylou6 Thu 25-Sep-08 19:07:01

thanks dusty, she said something about this gland draining the bite as it is directly inline with it, i still panic though, lumps are not good

dustystar Thu 25-Sep-08 19:13:49

Not all lumps are badsmile Something like 9 out of 10 are completely harmless.

Umlellala Thu 25-Sep-08 19:32:48

no, but they are yuck. i had one that refused to go away on my chin (was even there mildly on my wedding day sad) and have now got two in my eye (seem to be affected during pregnancy hmm). The first was checked out in hospital, and then finally injected with steroids by the lovely lovely women in dermatology... Hopefully my next ones can be dealt with too.

Sometimes they go with antibiotics I think.

SmallShips Thu 25-Sep-08 20:00:40

I had a gland in the back of my neck pop up when i had a irrated scalp from a hair dye. I paniced for ages, went to the doc, he looked at me like i was loon for worrying. But like you say lumps are not good.

They can enlarge when you have a bite/cut whatever near to it. I was told to go back if it got bigger.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now