Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I'm getting a cold ... help me get rid of it before it comes out in full force and I'm ill for at least 3 weeks like usual !

(6 Posts)
FoghornLeghorn Thu 25-Sep-08 11:18:07

I hate colds !!!

Have had one brewing for a few days now, it's not streaming or anything but my nose is stuffed, my throat is starting to hurt and my lips are starting to get sore ... I am supposed to be going out on my first girlie night since November on Saturday and at this rate I wont be going

What can I try to fend it off ?

FoghornLeghorn Thu 25-Sep-08 11:44:51

LilRedWG Thu 25-Sep-08 11:47:36

Echinaecia, water and lots of sleep. Plus Sudafed and Beconese nasal spray.

FoghornLeghorn Thu 25-Sep-08 12:51:18

Lots of sleep PAH ! Have 3DD's at home and DH is driving home from Scotland, no chance grin
Will try everything else though

smartiejakethepeg Thu 25-Sep-08 13:04:08

There is a homeopathic remedy called "aconite" which I find very successful at chasing away colds before they take a grip. Also there is a nasal spray you can buy from the chemist called "first defence" which I found good too.

Bucharest Thu 25-Sep-08 13:09:47

A lemon- whole- squeezed until it's dead, into a cup of boiling water. Spoonful of honey into it.
Every 4 hrs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now