Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

I'm getting a cold ... help me get rid of it before it comes out in full force and I'm ill for at least 3 weeks like usual !

(6 Posts)
FoghornLeghorn Thu 25-Sep-08 11:18:07

I hate colds !!!

Have had one brewing for a few days now, it's not streaming or anything but my nose is stuffed, my throat is starting to hurt and my lips are starting to get sore ... I am supposed to be going out on my first girlie night since November on Saturday and at this rate I wont be going

What can I try to fend it off ?

FoghornLeghorn Thu 25-Sep-08 11:44:51

LilRedWG Thu 25-Sep-08 11:47:36

Echinaecia, water and lots of sleep. Plus Sudafed and Beconese nasal spray.

FoghornLeghorn Thu 25-Sep-08 12:51:18

Lots of sleep PAH ! Have 3DD's at home and DH is driving home from Scotland, no chance grin
Will try everything else though

smartiejakethepeg Thu 25-Sep-08 13:04:08

There is a homeopathic remedy called "aconite" which I find very successful at chasing away colds before they take a grip. Also there is a nasal spray you can buy from the chemist called "first defence" which I found good too.

Bucharest Thu 25-Sep-08 13:09:47

A lemon- whole- squeezed until it's dead, into a cup of boiling water. Spoonful of honey into it.
Every 4 hrs.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: