Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I need to get through 3 hours at work with a sore shoulder/arm/neck which I cna ahrdly move

(2 Posts)
saltire Thu 25-Sep-08 08:56:19

Any suggestions? It started a few weeks ago as a pain on teh left side of my breast, which i got checked out as am a bit paranoid.
The pain has now moved it's across the top of my shoulder, up my neck and down the front between the shoulder and the breast. if I press on the are it is particularly sore. Have been alternating ice and heat,a nd taking Ibuprofen and Paracetamol. I need to go to wrok and can ahrdly move it without feeling like crying it's so bad.

Elibean Thu 25-Sep-08 10:36:18

What did the doctor say?

Sounds like a trapped nerve and/or muscle spasm, v painful...can you get to a good physio or osteopath?

Poor you....you could also try heat pads (chemist, the sort that you stick on to clothes and they heat up for a few hours). Extra strong painkillers will make you sleepy, so not good if you're working - and only temporary relief anyway (though they can help relax the muscles a bit). Not sure what else to suggest, but do try and see someone who has more experience with muscles/nerves than a GP!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now