Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

ANY DENTISTS AWAKE???

(3 Posts)
cutekids Thu 25-Sep-08 01:34:41

Ok,i've got a niggle in my wisdom tooth.
i've got this from time to time for the last 20 years....!
a couple of years ago, i had to have it cleaned out..yuck!-because food was getting embedded and it was causing alot of pain.
Sunday,I had steak and I've obviously aggravated something underlying.
I made an appointment to see the Dentist but then all day i've been more or less ok...apart from when I chew!
Anyway,i vaguely remember my dentist telling me last time that they don't "treat" unless the whole face swells up.Although i'm getting a bit of pain now,am I wasting my time going to the Dentist?...I'm in Denplan so i'm not paying anything over the odds...I also have a check-up booked for next Wednesday anyway. What should I do?

BlessThisMess Thu 25-Sep-08 10:05:43

I'm not a dentist, but I can just give you my experience. Is the pain in the gum around the tooth? When I get that, I dab it with tea tree oil. It's absolutely disgusting, but it works. It has saved me from having to have antibiotics many times over the years.

Marne Thu 25-Sep-08 10:09:21

is it a top or bottom wisdom tooth?

If its the top i would ask for it to be removed, the top ones come out realy easily, if its a bottom one maybe try the tea tree grin

Im not a dentist but i have had one of my wisom teeth out after suffering for a while.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now