Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dental advice please :)

(5 Posts)
pucca Wed 24-Sep-08 17:06:59

I am currently on a waiting list for a NHS dentist and i haven't had a check up for about 2 yrs, down to being unable to register any where.

So my query is, i have recently noticed a dark brown/black spot that has appeared on one of my front teeth, which just won't go at all, and looks awful what is this?

Also on a couple of my teeth i have grey appearing by the gum, is there anything that can be done for this? this is all probably down to not looking after my teeth properly when i was younger.

My teeth are also not very straight, would it cost a fortune to get fitted with a clear type brace, and would this help?

Very very sad

pucca Wed 24-Sep-08 17:07:45

Infact it would probably be easier all around to have them all out and get falsies.

MissKubelik Wed 24-Sep-08 17:24:34

I didn't go to the dentist for about 10 years (the whole of my twenties) and only started going again recently. I had some discoloration which I was quite worried about, but when I had them scaled and polished by the hygienist it all disappeared. I have only had to have a couple of fillings in my back teeth and the dentist reckons the rest of my teeth are fine. I am not taking any chances now though and go for 6-monthly check-ups and hygienist appointments.

While you're waiting for the NHS dentist place to come up could you afford to have a private check-up and get the hygienist to give your teeth a good clean? the hygienist costs about £40 at the practice I go to. would be better than no treatment at all?

pucca Wed 24-Sep-08 17:26:50

Thanks for the reply MissKubelik... i just cannot afford it tbh, infact i am wondering as to if i will be able to afford even NHS treatments, dh has a thing through his work that we can pay into a dental plan so may go for that at some point, i really do need to get my teeth sorted out, it makes me quite depressed as to how bad they are looking lately. sad

pucca Wed 24-Sep-08 22:16:18

Any dentists around that could give some advice please?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now