Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Everytime I breathe in, I get a sharp pain in my ribs on the left hand side - downfalls of being 35 weeks pg or can I safely assume its my bloody chest infection?

(10 Posts)
MamaG Wed 24-Sep-08 13:13:38

God i feel fucking miserable today!!

AND my TV is on the blink
AND my dishwasher won't pump water so I have to wash up tonight shock
AND we've just had to have a load of electrical work done
AND we've just had to buy 4 new tyres

<curls up into a ball and weeps>

MamaG Wed 24-Sep-08 13:16:47

and nobody loves me

MamaG Wed 24-Sep-08 13:32:05

<flounce>

zazen Wed 24-Sep-08 13:35:16

Now i don't want to worry you... but...

I had a chest infection in July which I ignored a bit - only went to the docs with DD's cough. and when I was there I was wheezy and i coughed, and dr immediately said I want to listen to you too zazen.

It turned out I had very bad pneumonia - my lungs were full of fluid - I hadn't really got a cough - just a feeling of exhaustion, a bit breathless - and I had that pain on inhalation you describe.

Over two months, I had 3 doses of different antibiotics after sputum samples sent off to the lab and chest xrays yadda yadda.

Am only now clear. Very scarily the bacteria that didn't respond to first two doses of AB were Staphylococcus aureus. I was bricking that I had MRSA. I had to go on a very strong penicillin to get rid of the last of them. I was on steroids (tablets and inhalers) and bronchi dilators as well - still on the inhalers.

So whilst it could be a little foot poking you, the pain on inhalation rings a bell with me, and my advice to you is to go to your dr asap

I hope your dishwasher sorts itself out - could be a blocked pipe. Washing up just takes the last energy doesn't it?

hugs.

MamaG Wed 24-Sep-08 13:37:32

Aw thanks zazen - sounds scary what happened to you. the pain when breathing in has only started in last hour or so though...I really REALLY don't want to atke antibiotics <fret>

Romy7 Wed 24-Sep-08 13:39:37

see if you can get the little blighter to move his heel a bit.
otherwise you need to go and give the doc a listening to.

MamaG Wed 24-Sep-08 13:42:16

I don't think it is baby's heel tbh - DS was terrible for feet-in-ribs and it doesn't feel quite like htat.

woe is me!

Romy7 Wed 24-Sep-08 13:52:08

hot chocolate, marshmallows and duvet is my prescription then, and make an appointment for tomorrow - you can always cancel it in the morning if it goes away... grin

zazen Thu 25-Sep-08 11:21:53

Keep us posted MamaG - the docs are very careful with prescriptions when you're preggo.

S/he might just recommend rest, and steam inhalation - you know towel over the head over a hot bowl of water!! Muummmm hot choc w/marshmallows sounds lovely smile

Keep us posted anyway OK?

emma1977 Thu 25-Sep-08 11:44:32

It may be the baby digging its heels in.

However, a chest infection is possible and don't forget that blood clots (pulmonary embolism) is more likely when pregnant.

If this pain is still there after lunchtime or if you feel at all short of breath, get it checked out today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now