Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Foot pain, been told no further action needed :( Anyone no anything about feet!

(4 Posts)
Martha200 Wed 24-Sep-08 12:45:02

A couple of months ago not sure exactly when but don't remember doing anything to get it, had a bruised type of feeling on the outer edge of my left foot, it was sore, no outer signs of any problems and I assumed it would get better. It does not effect my toes.

2 and a bit weeks ago the pain turns into a burning pain, even when not walking I can feel it so I went to the dr who said I had overused it (how the hell can one over use a foot I have no choice but to use both!) and she also sent me for an x ray, x ray came back yesterday as normal and been told no further action needed.

My inflamation tablets which have helped a bit are due to run out in 2 days and I am umming and arrghing about whether to try thr dr again or pay out for a podiatrist but I don't know if it will be worth it.

I guess feet issues do take awhile to heal, but I am not sure what to think

Martha200 Wed 24-Sep-08 12:45:34

that should have been KNOW not no in the title doube blush

Sawyer64 Wed 24-Sep-08 12:51:55

I had a similar problem last year,slightly different area,but it was called Tendonitis,and anti-inflammatories should be taken continuously for 3 weeks to have any hope of helping.

The X Ray would rule out bony injury but not soft tissue problems.

My Dad had it for some time,and had some Steroid Injections which helped a little.

This is what my Dad had,which is similar....HERE

Martha200 Thu 25-Sep-08 09:45:59

Thanks Sawyer, appreciate the link

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now