Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

It's official i'm a mess

(8 Posts)
hmmmmmm Wed 24-Sep-08 12:27:35

Well

It's official, I'm a mess.

Can't stop shouting at the kids and dh
Not sleeping (keep waking all the time
Not eating right (appetite is hit and miss even though I am 11st overweight)
Don't want to go out of the house even though literally a month ago you couldn't keep me in on a weekend
Having pains in my chest and left arm
Drinking too much (not had a drink since sunday and don't intend to either)

Doctor says the pains etc are anxiety and that I need to learn to relax (I don't know how at home with an obnoxious gobby 9 yr old and a hubby who doesn't understand)
She says that I have to go back in a couple of weeks for a checkup etc and to also check my blood pressure which is borderline.

How on earth do I try to relax? Whenever I have a bath at my house it's like central station, dd2 wants to talk to me, dd1 ALWAYS needs a poo and DH shouts up to ask where this that and the other are and if I shut the door they stand moaning

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

Losing the plot big time

luckylady74 Wed 24-Sep-08 12:34:04

Poor you-if your dh is at home can you go for a walk to relax? I find if I actually get on my bike and physically remove myself it helps.
I suffered from panic attacks and anxiety following a series of crap events in my personal life and I'd really reccomend any books on cognitive behavioural therapy - you teach yourself to turn thr anxious thoughts around.
Would an eating plan help your appetite back on track - I'm doing weightwatchers and I'm finding keeping track helps me have a balanced approach as opposed to the binge/fast cycle I was in.

Hope you feel better.

SmugColditz Wed 24-Sep-08 12:35:53

Go out on your own and leave the children with your husband.

OrmIrian Wed 24-Sep-08 12:36:45

SOrry hmmmmmm. That really isn't helpful. Telling you you need to relax is pointing out the bleeding obvious isn't it? I've just been to see my GP - i thought my anxiety was related to the menopause but she reckons maybe not. GP has put me down for anxiety counselling and gave me some anti-Ds - not 100% happy about those but I just need to get back on track.

Does your DH know how you feel? If not please make sure he does. You need some support with this at home.

OrmIrian Wed 24-Sep-08 12:37:40

I agree with the others about getting out and about alone. Running was my solace - head space v important - but a good walk would do it too.

Lemontart Wed 24-Sep-08 12:41:48

xxxxxxxxx

Hope you feel better soon

compo Wed 24-Sep-08 12:44:26

it really sounds like you need a break
do you mean you are 11st and overweight or 11 stones overweight
If it is the latter did the gp suggest anyting like lighterlife?

hmmmmmm Wed 24-Sep-08 12:58:10

Thank you all for your messages.

I never thought of walking (duh!) I can borrow my neighbours dog.

Compo, I am 11st stone overweight(at least, not weighed for a while) I know that this is a major factor, but find it so bloody hard to lose weight. I have thought about lighterlife, but there is no way I can afford it.

As for WW and SW there are classes nearby, but, I also struggle to pay for that AND because of DH shifts I can't commit to go every week and don't want to take the dd's as they are too young to have issues about weight etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now