Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this normal when you have your period?

(8 Posts)
sammysam Wed 24-Sep-08 10:41:35

For the first couple of days I get a strong,sharp achey feeling in my vagina which lasts for a couple of mins and makes it tender-so sitting feels uncomfortable. I think I can remember this from years ago pre dd and pre being on the pill. I've just assumed it was normal but recently have realised i shouldn't just assume that my body is 'normal' grin
So does anyone else get this? Is it normal?
I'm hoping it is! We're TTC at the moment and so i'm scruitinising everything about my cycle-especially (or maybe because i'm so aware i'm just noticing?) because i've had a few weird things recently.

sammysam Wed 24-Sep-08 21:38:31

Bump.....am I the only one? sad

ditzzy Wed 24-Sep-08 21:44:36

I wouldn't say 'achey' but a I do get a strongish feeling a bit like this. Not sure what word I'd use to describe it actually! Sorry, not much help really. It's a very recognisable feeling that doesn't happen any other time though, so indicates to me I've just come on.

No guarantees I'm normal either though!

NappiesGalore Wed 24-Sep-08 21:46:52

ummm, i get kind of a deep ache in the fanwah region so i have to sit down. its standing about that does for me; walking or doing stuff im fine. its not every month i get that, but deffo sometimes.

gawd knows what it means.

sammysam Wed 24-Sep-08 21:49:54

Yeah i had trouble trying to describe it-but it is very strange and definately doesn't happen at any other time....glad i'm not the only one! Think it must be fairly normal....there are at least 3 of us grin!
It is weird-have had it the last 2 or 3 months and can remember it before dd. Wander what it is?

SlartyBartFast Wed 24-Sep-08 21:52:46

mine's near my anus blush

geraldinetheluckygoat Wed 24-Sep-08 21:53:35

yes i get this too!

NappiesGalore Wed 24-Sep-08 22:28:35

well i just put it down to hormones or swelling or something.
at one time, i would get water retention that would press on a nerve at the top of my left leg, causing a hideous ache, a bit like my big brother had been 'playing' dead legs on me or something. would linger for a couple of days for some periods. feckin horrible.

all sorts can happen.
my theory is hormone related relaxing of muscles. there are 27 muscle groups that meet in the pelvis, did you know that? i had SPD during my last pregnancy... boy did i feel every one fo those muscle groups !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now