Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Vomiting bug - please help me

(7 Posts)
naturopath Tue 23-Sep-08 22:56:13

I remember last year there was a long thread on people with a phobia of being sick.
I have that phobia. Did not want to post last year because did not want to read things that made me feel worse.

Now I don't know what to do. DS (15 mo) was vomiting (a few times) for 2 days. Still has fever and diarrohea but otherwise seems ok. Hasn't been terrible. I was amazed at how well I have coped under the circumstances.

This evening both DH and the nanny have come down with it. Don't think vomited yet but DH feels really bad - shivery, white, tried to be sick.. I know it's going to be an awful night.

Please help me. I'm shaking and so scared I will catch it. Please tell me it is possible to be around people with this and not catch it.

Thanks

Pushpinia Wed 24-Sep-08 05:42:56

Keep washing your hands, I understand how frightened you are. How was the night, was it terrible or Ok?

If you can avoid dealing with the sick personally, also get husband and nanny to bleach the loo after using it, clean taps etc and doorhandles...

I hope it passes, the thread is still active somewhere and there are many of us on it.

Good luck x

naturopath Wed 24-Sep-08 21:08:11

the night was ok - DH was very considerate and was sick outside and told me he wasn't sick. Got him to bleach loo as well.
Have been washing hands, cleaning doorhandles a lot. I was shaking the whole night (slept in spare room at least), and feel like I'm going crazy today.

Is it possible not to catch it?
How long would I have to wait to consider myself out of the danger zone?

Notalone Wed 24-Sep-08 22:51:19

Naturopath - come over to the thread in mental health as we all lurk over there. blush

How are you now? You have got past the first crucial 24 hours so you should feel safer with every hour that goes by. I feel safer after 72 hours usually. I know that terrible feeling all too well and there is nothing worse. If you have not had any direct contact with bodily fluids and you have not had your hands near you mouth and nose then you should be ok. Is there even a remote chance it may have been something they ate instead?

naturopath Thu 25-Sep-08 22:09:55

no, definitely a bug. My mum has caught it now. now I feel terrified and terribly guilt-ridden.
Is it safe? I still change his nappies, he bfs, and who knows, maybe I forgot and put my hand near my mouth or nose?
I'm so scared.
Where is that thread?

tortoise Thu 25-Sep-08 22:13:34

naturopath The thread is here
Hope you manage to stay well. I worry everytime one of my DC say someone was sick at school.

naturopath Thu 25-Sep-08 22:19:49

Thanks tortoise. I know things will all get worse when he starts nursery/school. I can't bear to think about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now