Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

flu then conjunctivitis, and now i think i have a tooth abscess, fgs!!

(23 Posts)
piratecat Tue 23-Sep-08 13:56:52

very painful when i bite down, developed last night, and is just aching atm.

I have been having drops for the eyes, and just thought the horrid taste was from them, but today i just know its from the tooth. It might just be an infection tho mightn't it?

The tooth in question is upper left and was root canaled about
15 yrs ago. Also, and this is weird, when i blow my cheeks out ( it's not a habit!!)i get a squeeky sound.cracking sensation in the top of my jaw/inner ear. But that has been happening for a few months, since i had a filling on the tooth next to this now hurting one.

i fed up. sad

piratecat Tue 23-Sep-08 13:59:58

whats the best painkiller i can take. i have a dentist app in exactly 24 hrs.

piratecat Tue 23-Sep-08 14:10:07

x

piratecat Tue 23-Sep-08 19:14:46

arghhhhhhhh i am in agony despite the extra strength paracetamol and ibuprophen combo.

anyone had this type of thing

(clings to vain hope) !

piratecat Tue 23-Sep-08 19:38:22

anyone, i need reassurance, and a big kiss wink

nickytwotimes Tue 23-Sep-08 19:41:49

Bless you, Pirate! What a rotten time.
You can take over the counter co-codamol and ibuprofen together, providing you have no contraindications, ie are not asthmatic/preganat/dodgy kidneys/stomach. You will need to wait 4 hours since last paracetamol for the co-codamol though.

nickytwotimes Tue 23-Sep-08 19:43:04

Oh, and I had an abcess oncce. It was fucking agony. Your dentist is able to give you some heavy duty co-codamol or dihydrocodeine if you stress how painful it is.

piratecat Tue 23-Sep-08 19:43:44

sobs in relief!

cocodamol has somethignin it i have trub with. I think. but thanks, do you want to stay for a cuppa???

piratecat Tue 23-Sep-08 19:44:58

codiene thats the thing i had trub with before, made me dizzy and panicky.

wonder what dentist will do tomorrow?

nickytwotimes Tue 23-Sep-08 19:45:33

oh, yes, a swift one while my bath is running. smile
It was years ago I had that abcess and I still wince. <shudders>

nickytwotimes Tue 23-Sep-08 19:47:26

He might give you antibiotics as a first step. That will take the abcess down before he does the work in a week or so. don't worry - they work FAST.

piratecat Tue 23-Sep-08 19:48:00

bless! it's been a long day. I can't remember the last time i had a bath. Of course i have showers!!! I def haven't had one in this house and i have been here 2 1/2 yrs. blush

so what do yo think he will do tomorrow?

piratecat Tue 23-Sep-08 19:48:39

might not be an abscess tho hey. hopes to herself.

nickytwotimes Tue 23-Sep-08 19:51:31

Aye, might be a wee infection or something. Awkward things, teeth. Also all those head related things are so interlinked it is difficult to work out where the hurt is coming from.

I have a bath every night apres-mumsnet - those are the only 2 things that keep me sane, lol! Then it's jammies and the telly. I am a saddo, but i'm happy.

piratecat Tue 23-Sep-08 19:53:29

sounds bliss. i must go and get my dd to bed.

thanks for your ears!!!

nickytwotimes Tue 23-Sep-08 19:54:00

No probs.
Good luck tomorrow.

differentID Tue 23-Sep-08 19:56:35

it could be sinusitis. that's what happened to me.

piratecat Tue 23-Sep-08 22:30:40

really? funny, because dentist said last yr i was prob getting tooth pain becuase my sinus nerve endings were VERY close to this tooth.

what happened, was this diagnosed by your gp or dentist? thanks

piratecat Tue 23-Sep-08 22:32:06

really? funny, because dentist said last yr i was prob getting tooth pain becuase my sinus nerve endings were VERY close to this tooth.

what happened, was this diagnosed by your gp or dentist? thanks

differentID Tue 23-Sep-08 22:35:41

I worked it out after the second root canal! Dentist couldn't work out how the infection had got in but did the work any way. I had "recovered" from a cold a week or two earlier, but thought I was still feeling shitty because of the toothache. LAst time it happened, I went to the gp and nearly screamed when she placed her hands either side of my nose. AB's worked, toothache went away.

piratecat Tue 23-Sep-08 22:42:36

that really does seem to add up. Its very painful isn't it. I just googled sinusitis, and it said the the sinus behind the cheek can get infected form a bad tooth. So this could well be a chicken /egg situation.

I have had flu which then went into a nasty chesty cough for two weeks, like in my title, followed by conjunctivitis over the past few days. I am lurgy. !

differentID Tue 23-Sep-08 22:45:48

needle like pains getting to drill like sensations? oh yes.
Please don't pass them on. I only have 11 days till I get a week off work and I don't want the lurgy.

piratecat Thu 25-Sep-08 07:36:03

so it's an infection which could be trying to be an abscess.

have antibiotics, which will finish on monday. my dentist isn't back till friday tho, and they won't let me see anyone else. grrr. Yet if i the anit's don't work or I am in bad pain I can go to get more, or I WILL go back i should say and kick up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now