Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Maternity exemption card date

(6 Posts)
emj23 Tue 23-Sep-08 09:35:41

I have been sent a card telling me to book a dental check-up. I am usually due to go in January, but my dentist told me to book one before that. The problem is, the date on my exemption card says it expired 1/9/08 even though my DD wasn't born til the middle of October.

Does anyone know if treatment is free until she actually turns one, or if they go by the date on the card? I asked the dental receptionist on the phone and she had no idea.

FrockHorror Tue 23-Sep-08 09:36:49

It runs out on the date it says

Bramshott Tue 23-Sep-08 09:38:38

When I went to the dentist, they just asked when DD2 was born, so I missed out on 2 weeks as she came 2 weeks early. Prescriptions I could still do until the date on the card though. I would have thought you should be fine, but check with the receptionist when you book.

emj23 Tue 23-Sep-08 09:42:54

I'm not sure what to do now, as the only reason I'm going now instead of when I'm usually due a check-up is because the dentist said I might as well have any treatment whilst it's still free. If it's not free, I may as well wait.

The reason the date is wrong on it is because my due date was changed twice after scans, and then DD was 13 days late as well.

I don't know whether to ring back and cancel it or if I should take DD's birth certificate with me.

Indith Tue 23-Sep-08 09:45:07

If you dd was late then you just ring up the people who issue the card with her actual date of birth and they send you a new one with the new date.

surprisenumber3 Tue 23-Sep-08 12:34:18

any treatment they agree you need before your card runs out, they will do free after the date anyway

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now