Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone else have/had a large cyst on their ovary?

(4 Posts)
novadandypowder Mon 22-Sep-08 19:44:13

Last week I found out I had a large cyst on my right ovary. I have an appointment with a consultant tomorrow, but I just wondered if anyone else has been through this and could offer some advice or reassurance.

It's left me feeling bloated and crampy. I know surgery is how it's going to end up, but that worries me too.

TIA

SubRosa Mon 22-Sep-08 20:30:01

I won't say don't worry, but just wanted to offer some reassurance. I had a large cyst on my ovary, which turned out to be a dermoid. I had open surgery, but tbh, the pain afterwards was nowhere near as bad as I expected.

Have you been told what sort of cyst it is, or will the consultant tell you tomorrow? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, good luck for tomorrow.

Take care,

SR

nobodysfool Mon 22-Sep-08 20:37:08

Do you know what type of cyst it is?
I have endomertriosis and i had a 10cm chocolate cyst on my right ovary and had it removed by laparoscopy last Dec.It grew back very quickly sad and was told they would have to remove it again but then i feel pregnant.grin
Hope it all goes well with the consultant.

BEAUTlFUL Mon 22-Sep-08 21:18:02

I had one that they removed during my c-section. it was a chocolate one, and apparently it burst when they operated! boak

no pain afterwards or any problems at all. so fingers crossed you'll be the same.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now