Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

sprained ankle

(6 Posts)
stitch Sat 26-Feb-05 18:26:33

does anyone know how long i have to be stuck in the house to rest this. i am going stir crazy.

NomDePlume Sat 26-Feb-05 18:46:12

Soooooo painful, I totally sympathise.

I sprained my foot in mid December and I still get twinges now . It took about a week for the main swelling to go down and it was still bigger than other foot for about 6 weeks They reckon it takes a minimum of 6 weeks to recover from a sprain/ligament injury

NomDePlume Sat 26-Feb-05 18:46:56

I was told that I could drive/walk on it but only if totally unavoidable as it would increase the swelling and increase the recovery time . Sorry

LIZS Sat 26-Feb-05 19:12:15

tbh the longer you are able to give it the rest, the quicker it will heal in the long run. It may only take a few days for the swelling to go down and the bruising to appear and you do need to flex it gently to keep it mobile but try not to weight bear at first. If you do and it swells again then rest it. Remember R(est)-I(ce)-C(ompression)- E(levation). Arnica and cold packs will help bring out the injury quicker.

hth

stitch Sat 26-Feb-05 19:49:03

thanks for your messages. i know i should rest it, its just driving me crazy being at home all day long, and seeing the state of the house. but, i know i should rest it. is just hard.

Dior Sat 26-Feb-05 20:11:07

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now