Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

HELP!! does anyone know anything about S.T.D'S

(5 Posts)
ash6605 Mon 22-Sep-08 14:53:44

My sister has just told me she has Gonnorhea(sp?)and I'm really worried as she has just had a baby and is breastfeeding. She has learning difficulties so doesn't take information in well and is unsure what her doctor has told her. She just literally rang me a moment ago,obviously I am going to research it some more but in the meantime does anyone know anything about it? Tia

ash6605 Mon 22-Sep-08 15:09:01

bump

daizydoo Mon 22-Sep-08 15:11:55

I didn't want this to go unanswered. Has your sister's dr given her any medicine for it? She'll have to make sure that she takes it properly. Is she in a relationship? If so her partner will probably need treating as well. The Gonorrhea doesn't cause any probs with breastfeeding as far as I know, but dont know if she can take the treatment and carry on breastfeeding.

rebelmum1 Mon 22-Sep-08 15:17:42

call your local sexual health clinic and ask to talk to someone about it, they will point you in the right direction and more likely to respond quicker than a GP

ash6605 Tue 23-Sep-08 13:30:59

Thanks for responses.I've talked a little more to her about it and she said the doctor has given her pills to take for it and said they are fine to breastfeed it so thats one good thing.she has to go back after the course for more swabs to check it's cleared up.He also said the baby is fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now