Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

vercuccas

(9 Posts)
biglips Sat 26-Feb-05 13:04:05

ive had them for nearly 4 yrs now and ive tried all creams and never seem to work but they have never been itchy only when i stand up on a long period on a hard floor it hurts, so docs advsd me to leave them alone and they will go away - ive got on one foot 15 vercuccas ([shock i didnt realised i had that many!!) as it started off from one big vercucca and then got 14 little ones that spreaded very quickly, since then it slowed down. i mentioned about the laser and docs said they usually make it worse.... anyone?

WigWamBam Sat 26-Feb-05 13:28:10

15 on one foot is a lot, and if they're spreading I'd suggest that you go and see a chiropodist, who will know far more about the right treatment for the veruccas than your GP.

yoyo Sat 26-Feb-05 13:36:26

My DH had the worst verrucas just before I got pregnant wth DD1. The entire pads of both feet were covered (feel sick thinking about it actually). Our GP said nothing would work for them - she said some people swear by banana skins rubbed on them. She even (jokingly) suggested he climbed into a cupboard when there was a full moon and turn around three times clockwise! The weird thing was that the week I found out I was pregnant they disappeared and never came back.

More seriously there is a doctor somewhere in London who is apparently having huge success with a paste made from chrysanthamums (there was an article about a year ago in one of the papers so can't remember the details exactly - it might even be another flower) perhaps your GP would have more info.

toomanypushchairs Sat 26-Feb-05 14:04:47

Thought I'd add my bit. As a young teenager I suffered with really bad verucas. Like you blips, 15 or so on each foot, some of the larger ones were really painful. I used to have to soak my feet in a tub of this smelly stuff that you diluted with water, and for the bad ones i had a little bottle of stuff that you painted on.(All from the doctor!) I think it was supposed to draw them out and burn them. Never had to have any of them cut out, but I knew friends who did.

biglips Sat 26-Feb-05 17:41:03

so do i just go back to docs about them as i last mentioned about the vercuccas 2 yrs ago.

biglips Sat 26-Feb-05 17:41:42

but then again the Chiropodist are the experts in feets

Tinker Sat 26-Feb-05 17:42:50

Try tea tree oil. Worked for my daughter

WigWamBam Sat 26-Feb-05 17:46:05

I wouldn't bother with the GP, just see a chiropodist.

alison222 Sat 26-Feb-05 18:50:23

Doctor burned mine off with liquid nitrogen - it worked.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: