Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

why these blood tests?

(3 Posts)
Jampot Sun 21-Sep-08 23:29:55

i went to the doc a couple of weeks ago as i was feeling quite anxious etc. i have had a lump in my neck for a couple of months and an ultrasound shows it is a lymph node. doc now wants to have blood tests on liver, kidney, bone, thyroid function and thyroid antibodies as well as anaemia. i can understand the kidney and thyroid but the bone?

misi Mon 22-Sep-08 13:21:03

bone density and bone marrow production can be affected by hormone problems and kidney problems. I have bone tests done every year as I have thyroid problems, for me, they are just checking to keep an eye on what is going on. the liver test is standard really and if thyroid is suspected at all, liver is always done. I am not a doctor, I am a herbalist but the blood tests you mention are pretty regular for a possible lympth node/thyroid problem, please don't worry about it

Jampot Mon 22-Sep-08 16:26:40

excellent thanks misi

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now